Disaster Resources for Businesses
Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Recovery Assistance for Businesses
Pinellas County Economic Development is your resource for emergency preparedness and disaster recovery assistance for businesses. Before disaster strikes, it’s important to know your risk, make a business continuity plan, and stay informed to protect your business. Disasters can take many forms and rebuilding after a disaster can be overwhelming. Having a plan, preparing for emergencies, and knowing what your company and employees need to recover and continue operations can help reduce financial impacts and help you reopen your business faster.
Need help with your business continuity and recovery plans? Get free business consulting and disaster resources from Pinellas County Economic Development.
Hurricane Season Starts June 1
The 2023 hurricane season has already begun. Pinellas County Emergency Management asks residents and businesses to practice emergency preparedness. Learn more about making a plan for this hurricane season.
Prepare Your Business for a Disaster
All businesses, regardless of size, need to be prepared in case of disaster or emergency. The ability of a business to get back up and running after disaster strikes is much easier if steps are taken before the disaster to prepare for such a possibility. Learn more about emergency preparedness and disaster resources for your business.
- Pinellas County Disaster Preparedness
- Florida SBDC Disaster Preparedness & Recovery
- Pinellas County Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Alert Pinellas Emergency Notification Service
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council Business Continuity Guide
- Tampa Bay Association of Continuity Professionals
- Florida Division of Emergency Management Links for Business
- Ready Business-Tools from U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- Private Sector Resources Catalog from the Dept. of Homeland Security
Stay Informed During a Storm
- Use only trusted local information sources for timely, consistent, and reliable updates. Listen to, follow, and like Pinellas County Government (Facebook @PinellasGov and Twitter @PinellasGov); your favorite local news station; and the Tampa Bay National Weather Service forecast office on Facebook or Twitter.
- Monitor local news media, National Weather Service, disaster.pinellas.gov, Facebook @PinellasGov and Twitter @PinellasGov; search hashtag #GetReadyPinellas
- Sign up for Alert Pinellas to receive timely notifications.
- Own and maintain a NOAA weather radio – battery operated or hand crank.
- Sign up for:
Disaster Resources for Businesses Recovery
The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low-interest disaster loans to help small businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
Types of disaster assistance: