Airco Aviation Business Center
Mixed-use Aviation & Commercial Business Center
Airco is a nearly 128-acre former golf course adjacent to the St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE). A planned redevelopment project will permit a future mix of aviation, commercial office, and light manufacturing uses.
A 117.8-acre portion of the golf course is zoned to include 75 acres for future aviation uses and 42.8 acres dedicated to business park development. The southernmost 10 acres of the golf course will now permit commercial uses such as restaurant and hotel development. A 46.5-acre parcel that lies between the Feather Sound Community and Airco will serve as a green-area buffer.
PIE offers commercial air service non-stop to over 60 domestic cities on Allegiant and Sun Country Airlines, and service to 2 international cities on Swoop Airlines. The airport is a 2,000-acre fully certified facility with 2 runways. It is home to the busiest Coast Guard Air Station in the world. U.S. Customs and the FAA-operated control tower are also important federal government services at the airport, along with the Airport Industrial Park. The entire 2000-acre tract of the airport is designated as a Foreign Trade Zone.
- The longest runway is 9,730 x 150 ft (2,591 x 46 m)
- The Airport’s elevation is 9’10” / 3 m
Direct airside access is available on the Airco site. The land use and zoning are in place for mixed-use development including:
- 118 acres of industrial limited, including 75 acres for future aviation use
- 10 acres of the site are designated as commercial general
Site, Consumer & Workforce Information
The Airco site has strong average daily traffic counts and a robust population of residents and employees and is located along a future mass transit corridor.
- 86,500 vehicles drive by each weekday
- 728,114 residents within 10 miles/16 km
- 156,348 residents within 5 miles/8 km
- 415,447 employees within 10 miles/16 km
- 150,061 employees within 5 miles/8 km
Pinellas County income:
- $58,989 median household income
- $79,472 average household income
- $375,000 single-family median home
Tampa Bay Region Fast Facts
The Tampa Bay region is made up of 8 counties on Florida’s West Coast and is home to nearly 5 million residents. The region will have a projected 5.3 million residents by 2026.
- The median age of a Tampa Bay region resident is 45.2 years.
- The workforce is 1.9 million strong.
- The region is the 14th largest media market in the U.S.
MacDill Air Force Base within 17.5 miles
MacDill Air Force Base is located within close proximity to the Airco site. MacDill Air Force Base is home to the 6th Air Mobility Wing, U.S. Central Command, U.S. Special Operations Command, the Joint Communications Support Wing, and the 927th Air Refueling Wing.
Aviation & Aerospace Employers
Over 2,800 aviation and aerospace businesses employ 60,000 employees in the area, including companies in Pinellas County such as:
- Aeromatrix Composites
- GE Aviation
- General Dynamics OTS
- Jormac Aerospace
- L-3 Harris
- Leonardo DRS
- Lockheed Martin
- National Aviation Academy
- SS White Technologies
- U.S. CoastGuard
Connect with us.
For more information about Airco, contact:
Scott Talcott, Economic Development Manager.